You might have noticed that I am working on being more healthy. Not only with food, but also with working out. I am going to the gym 3 times a week now and it feels great! I’d have to say that a lot of the credit goes to my gym buddy Maja. It is so much more fun to work out with a friend!
One of my favorite subjects to talk about is food, especially healthy food, so this naturally came up during lifting weights and trying to breathe normally. I still needed a new recipe for Vegan Friday so I tried to get some inspiration and I came up with the Vegan Rocket Burger! For a lot of people eating vegan sounds like chewing on grass all day, but this isn’t the case at all! When Kelvin tasted this burger he even said: ‘It almost tastes like real meat in a way’. It definitely looks like a real burger to me!
INGREDIENTS – 2 PEOPLE
The most important ingredient to this recipe are the burgers. I bought these burgers at a Dutch store called Albert Heijn.
- 2 Vegan burgers
- Two (hard) buns
- 2 (big) mushrooms
- Half a yellow onion
- 1 Tomato
- Rocket salad, also called arugula
- Vegan Mayonnaise
- Olive oil
- Fry the onion rings and mushrooms in a bit of olive oil till they are nicely brown.
- In the meantime you can fry the vegan burger as well.
- Time to prep the bun! Cut it in half and spread some lovely vegan mayonnaise on the bottom bun.
- Place the burger, mushrooms, onions and slices tomatoes on top.
- Sprinkle some arugula (or rocket salad, whatever you call it) over everything and finish it off with mustard and ketchup.
- You’re done! Oh, by the way, I just thought about pickles! Those would have been nice on there too… Hmm… maybe next time.
Another disclaimer! This burger is very hard to eat (which burger isn’t?), so don’t make this for a first date or something. Unless you want it to get messy, haha.