Pasta, pasta, pasta. I can’t get enough of it! Spaghetti is the perfect comfort food for me, but sometimes I get bored with the red sauce so… I came up with this recipe. Pesto often contains cheese, but it definitely doesn’t have to in order to be delicious. The pesto also goes perfectly hand in hand with the sun dried tomatoes and broccoli. I seriously wish I could give you a bite right now because it is so good, but I guess you just have to make it yourself, haha.
INGREDIENTS – 2 PEOPLE – 35 Minutes
- 200g Pasta – you can use all kinds of pasta
- Small broccoli
- 1 Yellow onion
- 1 Yellow bell pepper
- 8 Sun dried tomatoes
- 10 Cherry tomatoes
- Fresh basil
- 50g Pine nuts
- 1 Clove of garlic
- Olive oil
- First, we are making the pesto. Put 50g of pine nuts in a frying pan and fry them without any oil. Make sure to keep an eye on them because they burn easily. When they turn golden brown, they are ready to go into a bowl. Watch out, because they are hot!
- Add about 30 leafs of basil to the pine nuts and some olive oil or the oil from the sun dried tomatoes to it. Start with 2 table spoons of oil, you can always add more if needed.
- Press or cut up a clove of garlic and add it to the rest.
- Season it with a bit of salt and pepper, mix everything till it is a smooth paste with a blender. Your pesto is done!
5. Time to cut the vegetables. Fry the yellow onion and bell pepper in some olive oil.
6. Cook the broccoli in another pan in the meantime.
7. Add the pieces of broccoli and sun dried tomatoes and fry them for 2 more minutes.
8. Cook the spaghetti (or the pasta that you are using) according to the instructions on the packaging.
9. Lastly add the cherry tomatoes to the other vegetables so they stay fresh.
10. Mix the pesto with the vegetables and you are done!
I got so hungry now I am done writing down this recipe. Luckily we are about to eat some vegan tomato soup, YES! If you have any vegan pasta recipes, let me know. I am always up for something new.