Okay, you can hardly call this a recipe because it is so simple, but I just wanted to put this article out there in case you haven’t heard about the deliciousness of falafel and pita. This meal is made in 20 minutes, including the homemade vegan garlic sauce. Let’s get started!
INGREDIENTS – 2 PEOPLE – 20 MINUTES
- 210g (Spicy) falafel
- 4 pita breads
- 1 Avocado
- Cherry tomatoes
- Vegan mayonnaise
- Half a clove of garlic
- (Fresh) chives
- Black pepper
- Half a teaspoon sugar
- I started with making the vegan garlic sauce. This was my first time making it, so it wasn’t perfect, I used way too much garlic, haha. I started with two table spoons of vegan mayonnaise. Then I pressed a clove of garlic into the mixture, but believe me, garlic is strong, so use half a clove! After that I added a bit of mustard, black pepper and half a teaspoon of sugar. I didn’t have fresh chives, so I used dried ones. Mix everything together and taste it to make sure it is to your liking. You can always add more of an ingredient if you prefer.
2. Put some olive oil in a frying pan to fry your falafel in.
3. In the meantime you can cut the vegetables and toast the pita bread according to the instructions on the packaging.
4. When the pita bread is done let it cool for a bit before you cut it because it can be really hot! Cut the bread half open so you create a little ‘bag’ where you put in the deliciousness.
5. Kelvin taught me to put in the garlic sauce first so you can spread it evenly. To get a taste of all the goods at once, mix the falafel and vegetables before you put it in the bread.
6. Add some more garlic sauce or sriracha sauce to make it extra spicy, and you are done! I really love this ‘recipe’ because it is vegan, very easy to make and DELICIOUS! Oh, and somewhat healthy, haha.
What kind of vegan recipe would you like to see next? I am thinking about vegan breakfast meals or lunch idea’s. Let me know in the comments.