Spring is in the air! I can definitely feel it and with thinking about spring, I think about summer. Warm evenings sitting in a flowery garden enjoying a colorful sunset… Okay, I know, we are not there yet. But hey, a girl can dream! To get in the mood I let my husband make this great salad, haha. It is delicious, easy, fresh and has a lot of spice to it; I call it the Crunchy Thai Salad. Let’s head into it!
Ingredients – 2 people – 25 minutes
- 1/3 of a cabbage (or ½ if it’s a small one)
- 2 large carrots
- 1 red paprika
- 2 stalks of spring onion
- 2 tomatoes
- 120g of peanuts (100 for dressing, 20 for toppings)
- 1 tablespoon of grated coconut
- 1 lime
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 red pepper (chili flakes work too)
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1,5 teaspoons of sweet soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Black pepper
- Grated coconut
- Fried onions
- Those 20g of peanuts from above
- Some spring onions
How to make it
- Grate/shred your carrots and all your cabbage into a large bowl.
- Cut spring onions into small circles and add to the bowl, saving some for topping.
- Dice paprika and add to the bowl.
- Skin the garlic. Put the garlic, 100g of peanuts, grated coconut and sugar in a blender. Add red pepper, salt and black pepper to taste. Blend until the peanuts are the size of breadcrumbs. Add all of it to the bowl. Mix.
5. Squeeze the lime out over the bowl. Mix.
6. Add soy sauce and olive oil to the bowl. Mix.
7. Dish up, and serve with toppings.